A LIVING HISTORY BLOG.

18TH CENTURY LIVING HISTORY IN AUSTRALIA.

Friday 15 July 2011

More Information On Period Packs & Bags.

The following information confirms what I have published previously on this blog, but it also has new information in regard to terms used for bags. I believe that the haversack was in fact in use as a horse feed bag much earlier than stated here, but it does not ditract from this this interesting piece of work.

If you click on the pages below it will take you to a page where you can easily enlarge the script for easier reading.






My thanks to Mr Al Saguto for this informative piece of work, & my thanks too to my friend Dave Schmidt for giving me the link to this PDF.

2 comments:

Ray Rousell said...

Great post!! Very interesting.

Keith said...

Glad you liked it Ray, yes I found the info interesting too.
Keith.