A LIVING HISTORY BLOG.

18TH CENTURY LIVING HISTORY IN AUSTRALIA.

Friday 22 April 2011

An 18th Century Cake?!!! Happy Birthday Da.

First I must apologise for deviating from my normal posts. Personally I hate going to an advertised 18th century site, only to find that the blog is all personal stuff & family & nothing to do with the 18th century (why do they do that?!). However, today is my Birthday, & two of my 3 sons have arrived early with my Birthday cake, & here it is.
How about that! Baked by my youngest son.
I hope you all have as good a day as I intend to have, & Happy Easter to you all.

10 comments:

Jenny said...

Happy birthday!!

... gonna cut it with your 'hawk? :p

Gorges Smythe said...

Happy Birthday!

Karl said...

Hey Keith....

Happy Birthday mate...

Karl.

Keith said...

Thank you both. Cut the cake with my hawk? Not sure, is that what REAL mountain men did?!

My son asked me if I was feeling any wiser on my birthday. Thanks to the feedback I get from my followers, I think I am a little wiser.

Martin said...

Happy Birthday Keith!

Savor each second, because it just doesn't get better than having family and friends around to celebrate.

Martin

David R. Reid said...

Happy Birthday Keith, all the best for the day. Dave

Keith said...

Martin, very true. I had a great day.

Thank you Dave. I never would have mentioned my Birthday on my blog had it not been for the cake. I just had to post it!
Keith.

Keith said...

Thank you Karl.
Keith.

Judy said...

Happy Birthday! I'm glad you post about that beautiful cake. Did he use an 18th century recipe?

Keith said...

Well he did not follow an 18th century reciept, it is his own recipe for a fruit cake without sugar. Very nice too.