A LIVING HISTORY BLOG.

18TH CENTURY LIVING HISTORY IN AUSTRALIA.

Sunday 8 August 2010

Another Weekend Workshop. Sword & Axe Fighting.

This past weekend we had a sword and axe fighting workshop. Jon Clay from Uralla visited Wychwood to give us some basic training, and plans to return to give further instruction in sword, axe and the staff. The last 30 minutes of this workshop also included some instruction in knife fighting.

Two real practice swords were used plus one axe, and the juniors brought along their own toy swords and axes that worked very well for training purposes. It was a great day for all involved, and I would like to publicly thank Jon Clay for the time and effort he put into this workshop. It is one thing to be skilled in a craft, but it is another to be able to teach that craft well. Jon Clay is a good teacher, and worked well with the kids.




No pics of me, but I did get to join in toward the end of the workshop and enjoyed it immensely, I am hooked! Jon assures me that if I like sword fighting, I will enjoy staff fighting even more. If you have the time and there is an instructor near you, I encourage you to try it, it really is great fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a really good read for me, the katana sword and
the Sword in general, has been considered the last word
fighting weapon for hundreds of years now.
Samurai Swords