A LIVING HISTORY BLOG.

18TH CENTURY LIVING HISTORY IN AUSTRALIA.

Wednesday 19 January 2011

Year Of The Forest 2011. A different post, but connected.

This may seem like a strange post on this sort of blog, but as many of you will know by now I am very much into primitive skills, survival and living off the grid. That is what it was all about in the 18th century.
I live in a forest, and I grow our own food. We lived for at least 25 years without any electricity, and now we supply our own but are still off the grid. This being the YEAR OF THE FOREST, I thought it very apt to make a post like this and give my followers something to think about beyond our day to day living skills. The link below is to a BBC video which I enjoyed very much and think it is well worth watching. I will also post the same video from YouTube.


http://www.survival-spot.com/survival-blog/natural-world-a-farm-for-the-future/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+survivalspotblog+%28Survival+Spot+Blog%29&utm_content=Google+Reader













Our forest home.

6 comments:

DianeLynn said...

I truly enjoyed the video and this topic. I will need to pass this on.
Your home looks beautiful. My dream is still alive...living in a YURT, off grid and live off the land. I hope to see this dream to come true. Thank you for this MUST SEE post.

Ramana Rajgopaul said...

The five short films were disturbing but more inspiring. There is hope for mankind yet! And, you are lucky to live in the forest farm. Thank you LL for this very enlightening post.

Ramana Rajgopaul said...

We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.
~ Hide Indian Saying

Keith said...

I am really glad you both enjoyed this post, I think it should be taken as a wake up call!

Gorges Smythe said...

My time is limited, so I'm watching in increments. Here is a site that may interest you.

http://thedeliberateagrarian.blogspot.com/

Keith said...

Thanks for the link Gorges.