A LIVING HISTORY BLOG.

18TH CENTURY LIVING HISTORY IN AUSTRALIA.

Tuesday 29 January 2013

Mopoke’s Stock & Trade (Australia).


Mopoke’s Stock & Trade (Australia).
I would like to introduce you all to a new Australian trader, Mick Humphrey. Mick is a good friend of mine and he is based in Victoria. Please bear in mind that Mick has to order this gear from overseas, therefore the prices at first glance may seem a little high. But the fact is Mick’s prices including post and package should be at least comparable if not less expensive than ordering from the UK or the States.
The other good thing is that Mick is local, any problems and you can literally phone Mick up and he can sort things out for you. You can order by phone, by email, or online from Mick’s site. I think this is a great opportunity for Australian living historians and re-enactors to get the items they want, knowing that they are helping a small Australian company.
If you have any special needs that do not show on Mick’s site, or if you have any suggestions for Mick, contact him. I know Mick would love to hear from you.

Here are just some of the items Mick is carrying:








This fishing kit unfortunately has a synthetic line. But if you think the price is right you can replace it with linen or silk line.

4 comments:

Gorges Smythe said...

Like the bullet mold. You can hardly find the old style ones anymore.

David R. Reid said...

What a great little store. I can see it being very popular. He will get a tinderbox purchase from me. I've always wanted one and I might amaze some of my more modern equipped mates next time we are out. Its good to see an Australian with the old trading post spirit.

Keith said...

I too hopes he makes a go of it Dave. I am sure he will be very pleased to receive your order.
Regards, Keith.

Keith said...

I agree Gorges, especially over here.
Regards, Keith.