A LIVING HISTORY BLOG.

18TH CENTURY LIVING HISTORY IN AUSTRALIA.

Thursday 11 October 2012

Sudden Cold Weather, So I Raided The Bee Hive For My Powder Horns!

Cold weather slowed the bees down a bit, so I risked putting my hand in there and extracted my powder horns.
 Here at last is an image of the second powder horn I made. Again, not flash, pretty ordinary, but it works. I did not bother cutting back the outside layer of horn as I did with my present gunpowder horn.
Another one of my horns. This one belonged to a close friend of mine. He used a Brown Bess musket.

3 comments:

Vieuxbois said...

I prefer the second powder horn (the ''bee horn'') you have made : long, raw, simple but elegant carving. Nice color and texture.

Bridgett McGee said...

why were your horns in a beehive?

Keith said...

My powder horns were in the cupboard, & the bees built a hive in the cupboard!!! They are still there!
Keith.