A LIVING HISTORY BLOG.

18TH CENTURY LIVING HISTORY IN AUSTRALIA.

Tuesday 9 April 2013

From a Happy Customer.



Keith Burgess is one of the clearest voices in bushcrafting today. In a scene filled with marketing, drama and mythology, Keith's no nonsense (and historically accurate) approach to primitive firelighting are both universal and extremely effective. After watching his dvd, I was immediately able to start a fire in minutes with a butcher knife, punkwood from my woodpile, and stones from my driveway.
As a Alaskan, over and over again, I see bushcrafting techniques that fall flat in my enviroment, and oftimes have to wade through unbelievable amounts of material to find a gem or two that are actually applicable.
Keiths methods are so adaptable that what he demonstrates in Australia is immediately effective at the other end of the planet. I have learned more from what he has produced than any other source I have encountered, and now posses skills and knowledge that I have wanted for years.
If he has a flaw, it is that he so de-mystifies these methods as to make it anti-climatic! If I had to walk across Alaska and Keith was my partner, flintlock and all, I wouldn't worry about anything but keeping up.
Thanks Keith, and I cant wait to check out some of your other dvd's.

Happy in the North,

--Shanon
Hope your well, Keith.
--Shanon
"Man is the animal that can get used to anything"

---Fyodor Dostoyevsky

My FIRE DVD Index.

No comments: