A LIVING HISTORY BLOG.

18TH CENTURY LIVING HISTORY IN AUSTRALIA.

Tuesday 10 January 2012

18th Century Haversack/Scrip Detail.

I have recieved a request to show more detail of my Scrip/Haversack. My haversack once belonged to a very close and dear friend of mine who made this bag out of an old canvas stockman's coat he found cast away at the tip. It was originally made for the 19th century, so I have changed the method of securing the flap, by adding three button holes and three pewter buttons.




The leather strap is stitched to the canvas with no reinforcing patch on the inside.


I only use this Scrip/Haversack for carrying trail foods or extra items for a long trek,or for foraging when in the forest.

1 comment:

Gorges Smythe said...

Looks nice. I've always tried to carry a bag when afield, they come in handy.