A LIVING HISTORY BLOG.

18TH CENTURY LIVING HISTORY IN AUSTRALIA.

Sunday 12 June 2011

More On Water Containers.

I have done a fair amount of research on 17th & 18th century water bottles, & I still find it difficult to know how some items are dated late, & others early. Personally I find little difference if any between some of them, & I can only assume they be dated re the site date. This though does not always hold true, as early items can easily have been used at a later date. However, I show you here a selection from early to late 18th century, & I guess we must date them as such until we can come up with something more positive.

This one is not certain, but simply guessed at 18th century.

Circa late 18th century.



 1700ad
1720ad

1730ad

Labled New England Canteen.

Pennsylvania German Wooden Water Bottle. Circa late 18thc.


18th Century Cider Canteen.

3 comments:

Gorges Smythe said...

I like the PA German wooden water bottle. The carving makes it special.

Unknown said...

Great info. Thank you.

Lucas Kain said...

I have one water container here from the 18th century. I live in Bulgaria, and here we call it Damadjanah. Try to look for those, pretty neat if used properly. :) Thank you for the nice blog!

___
call Australia