Cavern Scene By Firelight by William smith 1753
Uses For Wood Ashes & Charcoal.
1. For removing fur from animal skins.
2. As lye for making soap.
3. I have washed my hands using water and wood ashes.
4. Spread around plants to stop slugs and snails.
5. As garden fertilizer.
6. For controlling mites on chooks and other fowls.
7. Charcoal as a water filter.
8. For protecting dry foods.
9. Using in the toilet pit.
10. For testing wind direction.
11. Laying down to catch animal tracks.
12. Bury a fire in ashes to keep it in at night.
13. Charcoal will attract moisture.
14. Charcoal as an antidote for poisons.
15. For drawing, writing, and marking patterns on animal skins.
16. For camouflage on your face and hands.
17. Charcoal used as a slurry in a poultice for insect bites.
18. Charcoal for controlling Diarrhea