A LIVING HISTORY BLOG.

18TH CENTURY LIVING HISTORY IN AUSTRALIA.

Wednesday 27 April 2011

And Yet More On Foods. LINK.

http://b-womeninamericanhistory18.blogspot.com/2011/04/on-fruits-vegetables-herbs-from-amelia.html
Artichokes--the Jerusalem is best, are cultivated like potatoes, (tho' their stocks grow 7 feet high) and may be preserved like the turnip raddish, or pickled--they like,

Cucumbers, are of many kinds; the prickly is best for pickles, but generally bitter; the white is difficult to raise and tender; choose the bright green, smooth and proper sized.





Lemon cuecumber.

2 comments:

Bob Mc said...

A couple of years ago someone gave me some lemon cucumbers. Delicious! I've grown Jerusalem artichokes myself. Slice and fry with onions just like potatoes.

Keith said...

I have not tried them fried Bob, don't know why! I will give it a try, thank you.