A LIVING HISTORY BLOG.

18TH CENTURY LIVING HISTORY IN AUSTRALIA.

Tuesday 3 April 2018

Only 20 People Signed!!!


APR 3, 2018 — The Barwon region alone which makes up most of north-west NSW, tops the list with 8,617 gun owners, & yet only 20 people have signed my petition. I think this is proof enough that gun owners in Australia DO NOT support each other, we are fractured & we are our own worst enemy.
If you are a gun owner & you have a good reason for not signing my petition, then PLEASE let me know what that reason is. I think that I am making a very reasonable request, so do you have a reason not to sign my petition, or do you just not give a damn?!
Keith H. Burgess
NECLHG NSW.
PETITION HERE: https://www.change.org/p/to-the-honourable-the-speaker-and-members-of-the-legislative-assembly-of-new-south-wales-in-parliam-muzzle-loading-pistols-to-be-placed-on-a-less-restrictive-licence/u/22588438

2 comments:

Gorges Smythe said...

Most people want the OTHER guy to do something. Also, they may fear higher scrutiny by the authorities.

Keith said...

Well Georges when a farmer over here lost his guns & licence because he used his unloaded gun to threaten a man with a knife 7 a club who was trying to break into his home, there was an outcry, & plenty of people signed a petition. Rightfully so, I signed that petition. But the laws regarding self defence have still not changed, it is still illegal to use a gun to defend yourself in a home invasion, AND it is illegal to carry ANYTHING for use in self defence, not even capsicum spray!
I may not win with this petition, but it won't be just because the government ignores it, it will be because not enough gun owners support it!
Regards, Keith.