A LIVING HISTORY BLOG.

18TH CENTURY LIVING HISTORY IN AUSTRALIA.

Monday 2 December 2013

Woodland Indian Leggings By Sheryl Hartman.

I did write several reviews on this book many years ago. My copy is now an old one. The new version I believe has a new cover image. I did try many times to contact Ms Hartman, but recieved no reply, so I cannot say if this book is still available or not.
These leggings were also worn by white colonials, woodsrunners, scouts, spies & Rangers.









Author's finger woven wool garters.

Loom woven wool garters.

Author's legging garters tied at the back by the fringe.

When I made my leather leggings, I simply wrapped the leather round my leg & marked where they needed to be sewn. Then I added a little more to allow for the flap. All stitching was done with linen thread.
I finger wove and beaded my own garters. They are a plain olive green wool.

No comments: