A LIVING HISTORY BLOG.

18TH CENTURY LIVING HISTORY IN AUSTRALIA.

Saturday 19 June 2010

Results on the Winter Solstice Party.




Well all went well, but I was a busy boy on Saturday getting it all ready. I found that my trestle table was buried under furniture in the Fort store room, so I had to make something out of fir slabs.
The lamps had too much oil in them and the whole thing caught fire! Other than that all went well and we all enjoyed ourselves. Not everyone had period clothing, but we did not let that spoil out get together. I have no doubt it will improve over the years.
One couple from Guyra were given the wrong directions and arrived late, but it was good to see them arrive aventually, and I would like to thank them and everyone else for the effort they put into this first Winter Solstice Party.


Myself in my red stockings my wife knitted for me, My lovely wife in her woodland Indian clothing, Mark in his capote, Mark's son and his lovely wife Karina and another son. In the background you can see Richard Robinson.

My three sons, me and Richard and young Toren. In the centre the fire pit with a blacksmithed grill over the top. This was made by the late Mr Geoff Howarth of Tamworth.



4 comments:

DianeLynn said...

What a lovely family and friends you have. Looks like you all had a grand time...wish I there though *sigh*

Keith said...

Very nice of you to say so, and yes it all went very well. Pitty you/we are so far away, we would love to have you join us.
Regards.

Wizard of Tas said...

Brilliant! Love the photos. We were also at a winter solstice party on the weekend. Mead and mulled wine... Should have one of these every year.

Keith said...

Thanks for your comment Erdaman. We do indeed intend to hold this celebration every year. Something to look forward to.
Regards.