A LIVING HISTORY BLOG.

18TH CENTURY LIVING HISTORY IN AUSTRALIA.

Monday 31 May 2010

Odds and Ends.


I am missing some images, so I went up to Elm Cottage today to take some more pics of the ball headed club I made many years ago. Whilst there I spotted a couple of other items so I took some pics of them also.


The ball headed club I made many years ago.


This split bag I also made a long time ago. It is worn under the belt or sash, half hanging down each side.


A reed holder, one of two made for me by my close friend the late Mr Geoff Howarth of Tamworth.


One of my favourite items, a grease lamp.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

the club,my favourite of course,what wood?

Keith said...

Well I used grey stringybark, an Australian timber, I believe you have some in the UK, but I suggest you try anything you can find that suits.

Unknown said...

how have you stained it,oil i would presume?

Keith said...

Yes, lindseed oil.