A LIVING HISTORY BLOG.

18TH CENTURY LIVING HISTORY IN AUSTRALIA.

Friday 22 January 2010

My Finished Masquerade Mask.

After much messing about I decided to soak the mask again in a bucket of water and strap it on my head wet! I wore it whilst doing some research with the fan on me and it seems to have worked fine. It is heavy leather and I was getting pressure on my eyebrows. I work the leather with my thumbs before putting it on to try it, and today it was dry enough to do some final trimming.



5 comments:

Keith said...

Thanks for your comment opi, appreciated.
Regards, Le Loup.

Unknown said...

very mysterious, i like it!

Keith said...

Hi HM. Not exactly what I had in mind when I started, but for a first effort I can live with it. I think a lighter leather would work better, but I used what I have.
Thanks for your comment HM.
Regards, Le Loup.

murphyfish said...

Hello Le Loup,
Dick Turpin would have loved that one, great job my good man.
Regards,
John

Keith said...

Thanks John. Probably a little heavier than the one Dick Turpin used, but it would provide some protection against sword cuts!
Regards, Le Loup.